Connect with us
Fidelity Banner


Man Demands Justice For Mother Who Died In Asaba General Hospital Allegedly Over Medical Neglect (Video)

Human Interest

Man Demands Justice For Mother Who Died In Asaba General Hospital Allegedly Over Medical Neglect (Video)

Okolo DivineBliss
A man identified as Okolo DivineBliss has accused New General Hospital in Asaba of neglecting his ill mother and depriving her of medical care until her death on June 27.

Narrating the alleged incident in a short video and a social media post, DivineBliss, stated that medics had been treating his late mother in their home and she was responding to treatment.

According to him, some of her symptoms were coughing, feeling of weakness and pains.

He stated on July 25th, his mother before her death was moved to New General hospital Asaba due to her illness.

DivineBliss noted that doctors refused to admit his mother due to coronavirus fears as a result of her symptoms.

He however alleged that for two days, his mother who was eventually admitted but kept in an isolation center where she was left unattended to until she passed away on June 27.

Read his full statement below;

My name is Okolo DivineBliss,, and I lost my mum today be the 27th of June 2020. And this is how it happened.

My mother had been sick for some while and nurses and doctors were coming over to the house to administer treatment to her.

And by God’s grace, she was responding fine to treatment. Some symptoms of the sickness were coughing, weakness and also had pains.

So on the 25th of July 2020 we decided to move her to the New general hospital Asaba. She walked down our house staircase all by herself despite being weak.

My Dad and my siblings got to the hospital with her and they refused to admitted treatment because the doctors were afraid that it was COVID-19 as everyone will suspect.

They abandoned her in pains for over an hour before they decided that they are not going to treat her except she is isolation in their center. However, her oxygen level became low in the hospital.

I always said that they should not have moved her there because my mum had not gone anywhere for her to contract COVID-19. Even throughout the time my sister who has health issues was taking care of our mother at home, she did not show any sign of transfer from my mother, so I was fully sure within myself that it was not COVID-19.

But since the doctors and everyone else refused to treat her, we allowed her to in and she was put on oxygen.

They isolated her in the Center and she was there without receiving no proper attention, of which I can swear to because we spoke to her regularly and she said no doctor or nurse had gone to see. We took food to her regularly.

Then on 26th of June 2020, my dad and brother took some items over to the isolation center. The doctors agreed with my dad that since the case was not yet confirmed and the test result was yet to be out, he could stay and watch her. And that if anything goes wrong, he could call them on phone from the room which he regularly did. However, they did not respond to him fast whenever he did.

We stayed awake at home throughout the night praying for the life of my mum and talked to my brother who was there with her regularly. He also said no one went to check on her, even with a CCTV camera in their isolation rooms.

Whenever we call the doctors from home they would say that they have gone to check her and she’s okay, but my brother confirmed that no doctor went to check on her.  she is very weak and breathing slowly. The situation of calling the doctors who kept lying went on for over 1hour. Isn’t that wickedness?

This morning (June 27th) at around 5 o’clock am, we decided to go to the hospital ourselves because my brother was crying bitterly that mom was laying dead.

When we arrived around past 5am, we went forward to the COVID-19 area with our car and kept on screaming that they should go and look at my mum, but we were there for over an hour with no single attendant. No doctor came out to speak to us and these were the same doctors that kept telling us that she’s fine and taken care of while we were at home.

Out of bitterness I moved into the COVID-19 session which was not properly locked and kept screaming for help. Still no one Came out for over an hour. I went into her room that has a CCTV camera where they monitor everything from and started praying but to no avail. No one was still responding to us. Patients coming out of their wards appealed to the doctors to answer us.

Note that they did an X Ray which showed she had acute pneumonia, which could have obviously been the cause of the COVID-19 symptoms she was experiencing. However, the doctors did not attend to her and now my mum is dead. They could not even face the acute Pneumonia but concluded it’s a COVID-19 case without adequate test. What if the result comes out negative?

Please all I need is justice for my mother and support to my family. She was the breadwinner and the person who always who took care of us.

Watch DivineBliss’ video below;

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Human Interest

To Top