Lauretta Onochie, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant On Social Media has been nominated as substantive chairman and 14 other board members for Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
In a letter sent to the Senate which contained the list of nominees, Buhari asked the upper chamber to confirm the appointments.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan read the letter during Wednesday’s plenary session.
This is the second time Buhari is forwarding a list of nominees for the NDDC board for confirmation.
He sent the first list of nominees for the board in 2021 and the Senate screened and confirmed the nominees.
However, Lawan stated that Buhari’s decision to send another list of nominees for confirmation was because there was a flaw in the previous compilation.
NDDC Board Nominees
Below are some of the new nominees for the NDDC board:
1. Chairman – Laureta Ifeanyi Onochie (Delta, South-South)
2. Dimgba Erugba State representative (Abia, South-East)
3. Dr Ene Wilcox (Akwa Ibom, State Representative, South-South)
4. Dr Pius Odudu (Edo, South-South)
5. Hon.Gbenga Odegba (Ondo, South-West)
6. Engr. Anthony Ekene (Imo, South-East)
7. Onyekachi Dimgba (Rivers, South-South)
8. Alhaji Mohammed Kabiru Abubakar (Zonal Representative, Nasarawa)
9. Professor Tallen Mamma, SAN (North-East Representative, Adamawa)
10. Sodique Sani (North-West, Zonal Representative)
11. Chief Dr. Samuel Ibukun (MD)
12. General Charles Ehigie Airhiavbere (Rtd) (Executive of Finance)
13. Charles Ogunmola (Executive Director Project, South-West)