Man Swallows Nokia 3310 Phone, Undergoes Surgery For Removal
The unidentified man swallowed the phone but it was too large for him to digest, and put his life in danger as the corrosive battery acid could have leaked out.
The bizarre incident came to light after Dr Skender Telaku who successfully led the medical team that performed the operation shared pictures of the phone on Facebook.
The images shared by Telaku on Facebook include X-Ray and endoscopy images that show the phone inside the man’s belly.
He managed to remove the foreign object without cutting into the stomach by taking it out in three pieces with endoscopy.
There were ‘no complications’, the doctor said.
According to local media, the man took himself to hospital in Pristina after experiencing pain from swallowing the object.